Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Green Beans

So I picked a bunch of green beans out of the garden the other day and decided to get them canned tonight while I had the chance to. I started doing some canning last year and found that although it does take a bit of time, the taste and money saved more than makes up for it. Its nice to know EXACTLY what is in my veggies, what they were grown with, and all that jazz. The kids will ask now if their veggies are "my" veggies or store ones. I am proud to say they like mine the best. ;-)
The green beans took about 4 hours to can. Cutting, washing, cooking, and canning.

Fresh Green Beans

My Canning book

Washing beans and jars

Still filling the cooking pot

After boiling the green beans, adding them to
the jars

Keeping the lids in hot water so they will seal

Finally in the canner!!!

Finished product
9 Jars

No comments:

Post a Comment